A subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank, Kotak securities was incorporated in 1994. It offers stock broking services along with distribution of financial products in India
- The one time trading opening charge with HDFC securities is Rs.750.
- Trading account AMC is nil.
- Demat account opening charge on the other hand is nil whereas the AMC charged for Demat account AMC is Rs.600 per annum.
- HDFC securities offers different brokerage plans which include the following: Fixed Brokerage Plan, Dynamic Brokerage Plan, and Free Intraday Trading (FIT) Rs.999 Plan.
- The minimum brokerage charged on cash delivery and intraday is 4 paise per share or Rs.21 per executed order whichever is higher.
- For Equity Features, the brokerage charged is 4 paise per share subject to ceiling of 2.5% of the contract value.
- It offers different types of accounts to users as per their requirements which includes the following: AutoInvest; Kotak Gateway; Kotak Privilege Circle; Kotak Freedom (for Mutual Funds); Kotak Super Saver (a low margin and flat brokerage account); PMS for Portfolio Management Services; NRI Account; and Trinity Account which is the 3-in-1 account.
- HDFC offers multiple trading platforms including website trading platform, trading terminal (KETA ProX and FASTLANE), mobile stock trading and Branch advisory and call & trade facility.