NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE
The National Stock Exchange was incorporated in November 1992 and is the leading stock exchange in India. With the purpose to improve the financial well-being of people, NSE- Corporate office is situated in Bandra East, Mumbai.
- Establishing a National wide trading facility for all type of securities.
- Ensuring equal access to investor all over the country through an appropriate communication network.
- Providing for a Fair, efficient and transparent securities market using electronic Trading system.
- Enabling shorter Settlement cycles.
- Meeting up with international benchmark and standard.
- FUTURE AND OPTIONS
- DEBT MARKET
- CURRENCY FUTURE
- MUTUAL FUND
- STOCKS LENDING & BORROWING
Milestones of NSE –
- 1992 – November 1992 Incorporation
- 1994- NSE launched electronic screen-based trading in 1994
- 1996 – Launched NIFTY 50 Index, which remains our flagship index today
- 1998 – Commenced NSE certification for “Financial Markets certification program” (NCFM) in India.
- 2000 – Commencement of Internet Trading
- 2002 – January 2002 Launch of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- 2008 – First in India to offer trading in Currency Futures.
- 2009 – Launch of Mutual Fund Service System
- 2017 – Launch of Trading on Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB)
- 2018 – Introduction of Cross Currency Derivatives contracts on EUR-USD, GBP-USD and USD-JPY
NSE Clearing is a wholly owned subsidiary of NSE and responsible for clearing and settlement of all trades executed on NSE and deposit and collateral management and risk management functions. It was formerly known as National Securities Clearing Corporation Limited, NSCCL).
It was formerly known as NSE Strategic Investment Corporation Limited, NSICL), a subsidiary of NSE.
It hold all strategic investments in the equity shares including NSE Group Companies.
It was setup in March 2016, with the aim to promote financial literacy as a necessary life skill. It also provides training and certification in Banking, Insurance and Financial Market.
It was formerly known as India Index Services & Products Limited (IISL), was set up in May 1998 to provide a variety of indices and index related services and products for the Indian capital markets.
I was formerly known DotEx International Ltd. It operates NSE Data feed business, which distribute real time data and market information to various global data vendors, financial institutions and individual investors. It also offers NEAT-on-Web (NOW), a trading software for web-based and mobile trading.
It offers technology consultancy and development services for the financial services industry, primarily for Indian markets.
Apart above following are also NSE owned subsidiary