National Institute of Securities Market or NISM, headquartered in Navi Mumbai, is an institute that offers a wide variety of courses to the Indian students.
It was established by SEBI- an apex body that regulates the securities market in India.
The School for Certification of Intermediaries or SCI is one of the six schools of excellence at NISM.
It is engaged in developing and conducting certification programmes and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programme to enhance the capabilities of professionals working in the financial sector in India.
What does NISM offers?
The Patalganga campus of NISM offers two full-time courses in Finance. The first course is PGPSM (Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets) and the second one is PGD (Post Graduate Diploma) in FinTech.
Apart from these courses, NISM offers other long term courses in collaboration with international bodies.
There are 22 short term certificate courses offered by NISM. A majority of these courses have been made compulsory by SEBI for those who are working in the financial services industry in India.
How to register for NISM certificate?
You can follow the below mentioned steps to register for NISM certificate of your choice:
- Create an account of your n the NISM website.
- For creating the account keep your digital photograph, aadhar card and PAN card handy.
- Once you have created your account, choose the module of your choice.
- For registering for the exam of any module, select the date of exam, time and center.
- Make the payment through the payment gateway.
- After making the payment, you will get a soft copy of the workbook and the hall ticket in the account you have created.
Benefits of NISM Certification:
Following are the benefits of having an NISM certification:
- You meet the regulatory requirement set by SEBI by having an NISM certification, if you wish to work as a professional in capital markets in India.
- The certificate by NISM comes with an NISM workbook which provides detailed product knowledge, rules and regulations, and process information.
- It helps the students in getting jobs in the capital market as it increases the domain knowledge of the students.
- An NISM certification adds value to the resume of the students.
- NISM certificates are accepted all over India by intermediaries in the securities market like banks, brokerage firms, RTAs and many more.
- The knowledge obtained through NISM certification is authentic and current.
- The courses are offered at a very low fees. It can be obtained at a fees of Rs.1500 which is the lowest fee charged for certification in the field of finance.
- The free and paid mock tests are easily available.
- The study material for NISM certification is free to download, but can be downloaded only after you have paid the exam fees.
- It is beneficial for colleges and institutions partnering up with NISM and add value to these institutions and colleges.